Contact DisComforting Ignorance

Have thoughts, comments, criticisms, requests, or proselytization? Email disco.igno@gmail.com

No prayers. (Why not?)

Friday, August 22, 2008

Albert Einstein and the Bible

I was going to make a project out of my 100th post, but that was taking too long, so I will post that later. I decided, instead, to re-post my favorite blog entry from Ray. I think more than any of his other posts, this is a prime example of how ignorant and dishonest he is. Do not bother looking in his blog for the post, as he removed it without making any note of it or acknowledging his grievous error -- so that he can continue to make wild claims about the beliefs of Albert Einstein. His post, accompanied by a screenshot, is as follows:


Lore Weaver said..."The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish." -- Einstein

I never knew that Einstein believed that the Bible was "the of Word of God." I knew that be was a believer in God's existence (see quote on Blog-header), but this quote is very encouraging. The Scriptures sure were an honourable product of human weakness. God chose to inspire the weakness of men to write His Word to humanity. Albert naturally reacted to it as I did before my conversion. This reaction is explained in Scripture: "But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Corinthians 2:14).

No comments: